SAMA - Bumi Sehat, Indonesia
Intrepid's Marketing Department is collecting money for Bumi Sehat in Indonesia.
The Bali based centre, offers a culturally-appropriate, woman-to-woman model of midwifery and maternal health care directly to economically-challenged and socially-marginalized women and their families.
Bumi Sehatís mission is to reduce maternal and child morbidity and mortality and to support the health and wise development of communities by offering direct services; and through the training and development of Indonesian midwives and community health nurses. The centre also offers:
- general family health services
- education and environmental programs
- health, nutrition and hygiene training
- the sending of medical outreach teams to areas experiencing natural disasters to offer maternal health services and educate local midwives and traditional birth attendants on disaster birth protocols
- midwifery and nursing scholarships to girls from poor families who are unable to afford an education