New Hope Children's Centre
The Centre's aim is to assist the less fortunate in society, and give them hope. They currently cater for 170 children: 130 are residents and 40 live with their grandmothers, with
The Centre also has:
- Completed construction of the orphanage, with capacity for 200 children. It is built on a 4 acre block of land, and they also grow some food.
- An Outreach Ministry, where they help feed poor children and families from the surrounding villages.
- Electricity and clean water from a bore, (unlike many of the village homes).
- 40 children in High School, the rest in Primary School, with a few infants at home.
- A Training Centre which is partly built. Children, who do not qualify for senior high school / university, are trained with courses like dressmaking, hair-dressing, knitting, welding etc. They also assist people from the local community. Some of the children have been trained externally, and are now employed.
- A clinic with a trained nurse, for minor ailments. They also offer free treatment for local people.
New Hope does not receive any funding from the Government. Their survival depends on donations from friends and well-wishers. They invite people to help them, to be able to accomplish more, and reach many more needy people. Your donation to the New Hope Children's Centre through The Intrepid Foundation will go towards food, clothing, transportation, staff salaries, medical and dental care and fees for education.